Protocol For Your First Fender Bender
January 9, 2015
Your Guide To Surviving Your First Minor Auto Accident
Who can forget that awful feeling that comes with getting in your first fender bender? Stepping out of your cars to assess the damage, you and the others involved can make the process of filing a claim and restoring your vehicle simpler with this quick checklist. Your minor accident should not be a major headache, and you can avoid extra hassle by:
- Getting Out Of The Way: When you first bump bumpers, you might be in shock. Try to clear your head quickly so you can avoid making your accident bigger by immediately moving yourself and your vehicle out of the road.
- Getting On The Phone: Report the accident to the police as soon as possible. They may not send out an officer if your scrape is very minor, but calling them will enable you to get a report of the incident, which your insurance provider will likely need when processing your claim.
- Getting To Know Each Other: Be sure to exchange information with all other parties involved in the accident. Take the time to share your full name, contact information, and insurance information. If there were any witnesses to the accident, collect their information as well.
- Getting The Evidence Together: Take pictures of the accident scene, all vehicles involved, and any other damages.
- Getting Help From An Expert: Who better to walk you through your first accident than your guide to auto protection? Call your insurance agent as soon as possible after your fender bender. Let them know about your accident, and they can help you get your claim filed, car repaired, and life back to normal as quickly as possible.
For a friend in the insurance industry, contact Central Insurance Agency in Austin, Texas today. Our team of experts is constantly continuing education in our industry so we can offer you the best advice and the best coverage available. For all of your auto insurance needs, call us today!