Homes in Central Texas are prone to flooding. The terrain in the area makes it easy for a flooding event to develop, even without a lot of rainfall. Even minor flooding can cause a lot of damage. According to FEMA, just an inch of water can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
If you do not yet have flood insurance, now is the time to seek it out. Contact our team here at Central Insurance Agency to learn more about it, or read on.
Clicking the image below below will take you to a third-party website that is not managed by Central Insurance.
The Basics of Flood Insurance
- Homeowners, renters and business owners can all purchase flood insurance
- Personal flood insurance policies can range up to $250,000 for a home and up to $100,000 for contents
- Business flood insurance policies can range up to $500,000 each for the building and its contents
- Building coverage includes insurance for the foundation, furnaces, A/C equipment, electrical and plumbing systems, and refrigerators and other installed kitchen appliances
- Contents coverage includes insurance for clothing and other personal belongings, carpeting, washers and dryers, and food freezers
- The average yearly premium is $700, but increases if you live in a high-risk area and decreases for lower-cost, preferred risk policies
3 Things Most Homeowners Do Not Understand About Flood Insurance
- Your homeowners insurance policy probably does not cover flooding. In fact, flooding is a named exclusion on nearly all homeowner policies. So if you want coverage in the event of a flood, you need to purchase an additional policy specifically for flood risks.
- Flood insurance policies have a waiting period. That is a 30-day waiting period, to be exact. So the best time to purchase flood insurance is now, before the threat of storms. The longer you wait the greater risk you face in not having the coverage in effect when you need it.
- Pricing is determined by the National Flood Insurance Program, so every insurance company charges the same premium. Why work with us, then? That is simple. We provide bundled insurance services to our customers. Let us handle all of your insurance needs.
Already Have Homeowners Insurance Elsewhere?
Reach out to us if your current homeowners insurance provider does not have access to flood insurance policies. We can seek out free quotes for both your homeowner and flood insurance and then compare it to your existing coverage to see if it makes sense for you to make the switch to our Austin independent insurance agency.
Call for a Free, No-Obligation Flood Insurance Quote
To learn what flood zone you live in and what your potential annual flood insurance premium may be, reach out to our team. We’ll put our decades of experience and in-depth knowledge of insurance to work for you. Call us today at 512-451-6551 or send us an email to request your free, no-obligation quote.