Business Interruption Insurance for Austin, Texas, Businesses
Business interruption insurance, also known as business income insurance, covers business owners who lose income after a disaster closes a business, either temporarily or permanently. When a business closes involuntarily, this type of insurance coverage makes up for the loss of profits caused by disasters caused by fires, floods, earthquakes.
At our Austin, Texas, insurance agency—Central Insurance—our experienced business insurance agents help you determine the insurance coverage that will protect you from income loss at the best price. We take the time to understand your business, so we can recommend the coverage that best meets your specific needs.
Examples of Business Interruption Coverage
In addition to covering the loss of profit caused by an involuntary business closure, business interruption insurance can also cover:
- Fixed costs coverage for expenses that continue while a business is closed for repairs. These can include taxes, insurance premiums, security and other costs.
- Temporary location expenses are covered by some policies, providing coverage for the extra cost of moving and operating in a different location while the building undergoes repairs.
- Training cost coverage pays for retraining employees who must learn how to operate new equipment after the old equipment suffered damage during a covered event.
- Temporary income loss coverage, also known as extended business interruption coverage, pays for the difference between old profit and new profit after a business is repaired and reopens. This coverage is usually for a specific number of days or months.
- Contingent business interruption insurance covers businesses whose suppliers or providers become unable to service a business because of damage to their property during a disaster, rather than the insured’s.
- Civil authority insurance covers businesses forced to close because of street closures or curfews necessitated by covered events such as floods, riots or other disasters.
Some of these coverages may be subject to additional premiums, depending on the insurance company. Our agents can advise you about the risks and benefits of purchasing additional coverage.
Call a Business Interruption Insurance Agent for a Free Consultation
If you would like more information about business income insurance, contact a commercial coverage specialist at Central Insurance in Austin, Texas. You can be confident that our agents will answer your questions and recommend the best business interruption insurance for your specific needs. Call us at 512.451.6551 or send an email for a free quotation.
Se habla español.