6 Tips & Techniques to Foster a Healthy & Happy Workforce
August 13, 2014
As a business owner, you must do everything in your power to further the success of your company. Since your employees are the driving force behind your success, you must keep their best interests in mind. Without a happy and healthy workforce, it is impossible for your organization to prevail. Compiled is a list of 6 tips and techniques for you to incorporate into your business model to foster a happier and healthier workforce and raise employee retention rates:
- Since your employees spend 40 hours together each week, it is important that they have a healthy relationship. When you encourage interaction, you foster a collaborative community. Many business owners have found that by simply trading out small lunch tables with large ones will encourage interaction.
- Your employees must know your long term goals for the company in order to remain motivated. By sharing your thoughts, expectations, and goals, your employees will feel confident in their work, and be able to see how they can further contribute to the success of the company.
- When you provide your employees with a career path, they have something to look forward to. This will encourage them to remain motivated and working towards attainable goals.
- Physical activity provides individuals with a variety of benefits, and can even relieve stress. Heighten workplace morale by hiring a yoga or kickboxing instructor to come to the office twice a week.
- It is important that you respond to the requests of employees in a timely manner to show that you care. It is understandable that you are busy, but explain that to them. If you cannot get an issue resolved quickly enough, explain to them why.
- Most importantly, show your employees that you appreciate them. When they do a good job, let them know! Appreciation goes a long way in the workplace.
Contact Central Insurance for all of your Austin, Texas business insurance needs.