Employment Practices Liability Insurance 101
July 25, 2014
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) provides you with the peace of mind knowing your business will not suffer financial harm from claims by employees of violated employment practices. In order to defend against these claims, it is important that you purchase an employment practice liability insurance policy.
Types of Employment Practices Claims:
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Negligent Evaluation
- Breach of Employment Contract
- Wrongful Discipline
- Failure to Employ/Promote
- Deprivation of Career Opportunity
- Wrongful Inclination of Emotional Distress
How to Avoid These Types of Claims:
- Have effective hiring and screening programs to prevent problems before they happen. Your practices should be clear in avoiding discrimination in hiring.
- Post corporate policies throughout the workplace and office area. You should also provide each employee with an employee handbook that contains the corporate policies upon hiring.
- Have an informative meeting to show employees how to handle a sexual harassment or discrimination issue. You should also make sure that supervisors are clear on what behaviors are and are not acceptable.
- Document any claims or accusations and follow up accordingly.
Central Insurance Agency understands the importance of feeling secure knowing your biggest investment is in the right hands. We have been providing Austin residents with personalized insurance services since 1958. Contact us today for all of your business insurance needs. We are always available to answer any and all of your questions.