Tour Austin’s Trail of Lights
December 17, 2014
A Quick And Simple Guide To The Trail Of Lights
This year, Austin’s famous Trail of Lights celebrates its 50th Anniversary. With so many decades of family fun behind it, it is easy to see why this seasonal celebration is one of the top things to do in Austin this holiday season. Here is what you need to know:
- Dates & Location: The Trail of Lights is open now until December 21st from 7:00-10:00 p.m. each night. The event is held at Zilker Park.
- Tickets: Monday through Thursday, entry to the Trail of Lights is free. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday you will need a ticket to enter. You have three options for purchasing your $3 tickets: 1. Online 2. At an H-E-B store or 3. At the events box office (though they do run out so pre-purchasing is recommended).
- Parking: You need to purchase your parking ticket online before heading to Zilker Park. The parking rate is $15 per car.
- Special Offerings: There is a Ferris wheel running that will offer you a stunning view of Austin’s skyline. Tickets for the wheel are $6, available at the site. Make sure you get pictures in the famous Trail of Lights Starry Tunnels, and don’t miss the Yule Log. This year, the Yule Log will be ablaze on the volleyball courts to minimize damage to the park’s lawns.
- Food Options: Head to one of the three food courts to enjoy a tasty treat. Located in Armadillo Alley, the North Pole and Zilker Village, these food courts will feature local food trucks.
The team at Central Insurance Agency looks forward to celebrating the season with you at this and other holiday events in Austin! Located in Austin, Texas, our team knows about the local community and has a deep understanding of Austin’s insurance needs. Contact us today to get the protection you deserve!