6 Steps Towards Homeownership
August 25, 2014
When entering the housing market, there are a variety of steps to cover before you can move into the home of your dreams. First, finding that beautiful home! We understand this can be an exhaustive process, and that is why we have gathered the following information to help ease the process:
- Check your credit score before you even start house hunting. While this is technically not required until you apply for the loan, checking beforehand will allow you to fix any errors on your credit report.
- Just like you must shop around for insurance, you must shop around for your mortgage lender. Once you find a reputable mortgage lender that you are satisfied with, start getting pre-approved for the loan.
- Before you start searching for the real estate agent who will carry your transaction through, decide on what must-haves you expect from a home. This may include a pool, a large backyard, anything your heart desires.
- Now it is time to find the agent who will make sure everything goes smoothly for you. You want to find a real estate agent who is experienced in the local market and has plenty of completed transactions under their belt.
- Now, it is time to start searching for the home of your dreams! This is a major purchase, so do not fall for the first house you see.
- Before you make any final decisions on a home, be sure to have the home inspected. This is especially important since an experienced inspector is trained to spot things you might miss.
Contact Central Insurance for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. Once you purchase the home of your dreams, you will need a comprehensive homeowners’ insurance policy to protect it. Allow us to provide you with that protection.