Basic But Necessary Home Maintenance Tips
August 15, 2014
If you want your home to have a chance to withstand the elements and prevail throughout both the winter and summer, it is important that you conduct the necessary maintenance. Typical wear and tear can lead to major problems in the long run if they are not handled properly from the beginning. Rather than leaving your home susceptible to various damages, be sure to cover the home maintenance basics, such as:
- You should schedule a time where you clean all the vents and filters of your home. This includes your dryer, air conditioning system, septic tank, heater, etc. Clogged vents and filters can lead to house fires and other expensive damages.
- Your water-based appliances need some tender love and care too! Be sure to drain your water heater annually and pump your septic tank every three to five years.
- While many homeowners choose to ignore their smoke alarms until they start ringing, it is important that you replace the batteries of your smoke alarms on a regular basis. In the event of a fire, you will be glad you did so.
- Many homeowners neglect the coils of their refrigerator, even though they require cleaning every three to six months.
- Clogged gutters can cause a variety of home issues, including water back-up, mold, rot, etc. It is important that you are diligent in clearing your gutters regularly, especially after high winds or a storm.
- When you fail to deep-clean your carpets regularly, you are essentially shortening its lifespan. Dirt, moisture, and grime can cause mold growth in your carpets if you do not regularly clean them.
- Most importantly, take pride in your home and give it some much needed love and attention.
Contact Central Insurance for all of your Austin, Texas homeowners’ insurance needs. We understand how important your home is to you, which is why we will personalize an insurance package tailored to meet the unique needs of your home.